Yesterday, ViacomCBS announced a slew of new shows coming to its new streaming service, Paramount Plus. Many of the new shows are still in development and have yet to film but will be arriving within the next two years. Here’s a few highlights of the reveal:
- Frasier – Not many details aside from the return of Kelsey Grammer returning to his role as Dr. Frasier Crane. There are reports that David Hyde Pierce will not reprise his role as Frasier’s brother, Dr. Niles Crane. Actor John Mahoney, who played the part of Marty Crane, Frasier’s father, passed away in 2018.
- Halo – Based on the games from Xbox, the show will tell a story of soldiers and their fight against the threat of the alien force of the Covenant. The story will take place in the 26th century.
- The Italian Job – This time, the grandchildren of Charlie Croker find a safety deposit box and this sets off a race to find his gold.
- Rugrats – The original voice cast is back together in a newly CG-animated series with the well-known toddlers.
- Dora the Explorer – This new spin on the series is live-action and targeted at kids aged 6-11 as well as their families.
Other notable upcoming series and movies include: Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies; Star Trek: Prodigy (a series that targets kids and Trekkies); Flashdance; Star Trek: Strange New Worlds; Avatar; Kamp Koral: Sponge Bob’s Under Years; An untitled Beavis and Butthead movie from Mike Judge; Reno 911! The Hunt for QAnon; Unplugged (acoustic sets of music).
Paramount Plus launches in the US on March 4th.